In order to use BHU360 effectively, it is recommended that students meet the following requirements:
- Use of Web browsers.
- Entering Uniform Resource Locators (URL's ).
- Downloading files from the Internet.
- Completing online forms.
- PC running Windows 2000 or above or a Mac Running OS X
- A live Internet connection. Students will need access to the Internet using a telephone connection, DSL, or cable modem. A high speed internet connection is recommended.
- A monitor capable of displaying information at least 800x600 pixels. For best performance, access Blackboard using 1024x768 resolution or higher.
- If you have a Windows PC, use the Mozilla Firefox (7.1 higher), Microsoft Internet Explorer (6.0 or higher), Netscape Navigator or higher. Mac users are recommended to use the Mozilla Firefox Web browser. (The link to install Mozilla is http://www.mozilla.com)
- Do not use the AOL browser or Opera to access Blackboard.
- Although it is not required to access Blackboard, students should have Microsoft Office 2003 or higher installed in their personal computers to view and access documents provided by the instructor. A Free (Open Source) alternative is available at www.openoffice.org
Microsoft Office Converters & Viewers
With the help of these converters and viewers from Microsoft, you can share your Microsoft Office files with people who have versions of Office applications different than your own, or even with people who don't have Office at all. Download here.
Windows Media Player
Microsoft® Windows MediaT Player contains a set of digital media components that displays news, information, and entertainment in audio and video format. Download here.
Apple QuickTime adds over 200 digital media capabilities and capabilities to your Mac or PC. Besides letting you enjoy MP3 music, QuickTime supports key standards for web streaming as well as every major file format for images-including JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PICT, PNG, MJPEG, GIF and Flash. Download here.
Shockwave, Flash & Authorware
Macromedia Shockwave, Flash, and Authorware Players are the Web standard for entertaining, engaging, rich-media playback. Macromedia Web Players display content such as interactive multimedia product demos and training, e-merchandising applications, and rich-media multiuser games. download here.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe® Acrobat® ReaderT is free, and freely distributable, software that lets you view and print millions of Portable Document Format (PDF) files. Download here.
Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE), Version 1.4.2
Java 2 Platform allows you to use Java components available on the Internet. You need to install this plug-in if you are planning to use the Blackboard Virtual Classroom. Download here.