Mr. Billy Mitchell
Billy joined Carter in 1967, serving as the senior development officer until 1987 when he assumed the position of chief investment officer. In 1991, he was appointed president of the company, and he assumed the position of chief executive officer in 1994. In July 2000, Billy was appointed chairman of Carter, and in 2005 he was named chairman emeritus.
During his 20 years of responsibility for development activity, more than 16 million square feet of office and retail space were developed for corporate clients and Carter investment partnerships. The current market value of these investments exceeds $1.5 billion. More than 6 million square feet of office and retail properties were sold on behalf of Carter investment partnerships during this time.
Before joining Carter, Billy was vice president and managing officer of Security Federal Savings & Loan Association of Atlanta.
Education and Military Service
- B.A. cum laude, Economics, Vanderbilt University
- United States Navy, Lieutenant
- 1983 national president of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Director of several corporations in the Southeast
- Board member of several Atlanta foundations and educational institutions