BHU Graduate School
The graduate school of Beulah Heights University offers a Master of Arts program (42 hours) with concentrations in Religious Studies or Leadership Studies. The graduate school also offers a Master of Divinity program. The Master of Divinity program (90 hours) requires 57 hours of core curriculum courses (6 hours in biblical languages/s) plus 33 hours of electives.
Students entering the Master of Arts program with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Religious Studies, or transferring to the program from a Masters level program in an accredited institution may be awarded advanced standing in the program receiving up to a maximum of nine (9) credit hours toward the program requirements.
Students entering the Master of Divinity program with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Religious Studies may be awarded advanced standing in the program receiving up to a maximum of nine (9) credit hours toward the program requirements. Students transferring to the Master of Divinity program from Masters level programs in an accredited colleges or universities may receive advanced standing for up to a maximum of 21 credit hours toward the program requirements.
Students may add a concentration in Leadership Studies (12 additional credit hours), making a total of 102 hours for the “Master of Divinity with Concentration.”
Advanced standing courses include: Bi 501 Old Testament; Bi 502 New Testament; and Th 503 Systematic Theology I. These courses may not be substituted.
Request More Information
Master of Arts
Concentration in Religious Studies
- Engage in the larger religious culture with a thorough understanding of world religions.
- Exhibit an understanding of hermeneutical principles by using proper methodology in biblical interpretation.
- Recognize and evaluate in light of biblical revelation the major schools of thought in historical and contemporary theology.
- State and defend a worldview that is consistent with biblical revelation and stated in theological terms.
Concentration in Leadership Studies
- Understand the spiritual dynamics of Christian leadership.
- Exhibit an understanding of key organizational leadership elements such as ethics, communication, and organizational development.
- Exhibit relevant and effective problem solving and conflict resolution methodologies.
- Identify power structures within organizational models and how to effect change within the cultural context.
The Master of Divinity degree program is an especially suitable program for those students preparing for church-related careers and who desire to receive training beyond the Master of Arts level. The curriculum seeks to develop in students those competencies required for ministry in contemporary society.
- Build a strong emphasis on and understanding of the Bible.
- Strengthen biblical background and exegetical skills through courses in biblical languages.
- Instill a working knowledge of church history and systematic theology.
- Instill and develop ministry skills.
- Instill and develop leadership skills.
Dr. Mark E. Hardgrove
Chair, Division of Graduate Studies
Graduate Studies Office: 404-564-5280
BEULAH HEIGHTS UNIVERSITY
Developing Global Leaders Through Christ-Centered Education!
892 Berne St. SE, P.O. Box 18134, Atlanta, GA 30316
Main phone 404-627-2681; toll free 1-888-777-2422